A comprehensive list of what movies I watch for each American holiday
1) New Years Eve - When Harry Met Sally . . . (because Auld Lang Syne)
2) Martin Luther King Day - Remember the Titans (because racism)
3) Valentine's Day - Sleepless in Seattle (because An Affair to Remember)
4) Presidents' Day - I couldn't come up with anything good.
5) Easter - The Sound of Music
6) Earth Day - Wall-E (because Earth is dead)
7) First Day of Summer Vacation - Now and Then (takes place at the beginning of summer)
8) Fourth of July - Men in Black (Independence Day is too cliche, but Will Smith protecting America is not)
9) Last Day of Summer Vacation - Stand by Me (takes place on the last weekend of Summer)
8) Columbus Day - A completely useless movie, just like this holiday.
9) Halloween - Psycho (because serial killers)
10) Thanksgiving - All episodes of Friends that involve Thanksgiving. Not a movie, but the only example of pop culture that cares about Thanksgiving.
11) Christmas - There isn't a single right movie here. Except Elf. Elf sucks (yeah yeah, I am the only one who thinks so, whatever)